I love sweet potatoes!!
I can’t get enough of these sweet potato brownies!
I got this recipe from my favorite paleo blog. I changed it a bit but it’s pretty much the same.
- 1 medium to large orange sweet potato, roasted
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- ¼ teaspoon GF baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Roast the sweet potato.
- Once your sweet potato is soft and cooked through, peel off the skin and mash it up in a bowl.
- Now add your wet ingredients: coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and whisked eggs to the bowl and mix together.
- Then add your dry ingredients: coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt.
- Mix well to incorporate all that goodness.
- Pour into an 8×8 glass baking dish
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let rest to cool a bit.
- Sprinkle coconut and a light sprinkle of honey over the top
My oven is crazy, so I haven’t included temperatures because they won’t be the same as your oven. Just cook at the usual cake baking temperature you use!
What’s in a sweet potato?
- They are high in vitamin B6.
- They contain Vitamin A, C & D
- Sweet potatoes contain iron.
- Rich in fiber
- Sweet potatoes are a good source of magnesium & potassium
Sweet potato face mask…
Boil 1 sweet potato, let it cool, and then process it.
add 2 tablespoons of manuka honey
Spread over your face & leave for 20 mins.
Cover your eyes with cucumber
Use the water from boiling the sweet potato to soak your feet it, it has an amazing anti bacterial effect.